Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Why you should not get your oil changed--

I am terrible at getting my oil changed.
I always put it off until the last minute & then usually end up forgetting about it for another weekish, monthish, yearish hahaha 
Ok, really I don't put it off for a whole year.
But I'm pretty sure I've gotten close. 
Anywho... Yesterday I took my car in for an oil change 
(BTW I had a free one so it was free and I was happy)

A few hours later I get a phone call from the mechanic
& I think my car is done and I can pick it up.
Wrong.
Turns out they found some broken things and oil leaks blah blah blah
so my free oil change now will end up costing around $600!
And then I died a little inside. 

It gets worse...
The mechanic calls me AGAIN an hour later to tell me he found a crack in my radiator. 
Apparently this is something that must be fixed--
Oh and it will be about $300. 
FML.

I told him to just leave it all alone for now. 
Branden can surely figure out how to fix some of it, right?
It's times like these that I wish I married a mechanic instead of a plumber. Oh well it will come in handy when my toilet breaks :)
(Just kidding. I love my plumber husband!)

The moral of the story is.....
Just don't get your oil changed.
Because then you will never know about these problems & you can just continue to live a stress free life.
Until your car breaks down in the middle of the road while driving. 
(Details ;))


P.S. We OWE on our taxes.
I tell ya, when it rains it freaking pours!

No comments: