Saturday, July 14, 2012

Arizona part 1

We left for our week long vacation to Arizona on Friday morning-- early. As in we woke up and left by 4:45 (not without stopping at the drive thru of McDonalds). 

After we landed in the AZ heat we went to my dads house for a quick nap and then took off to my grandmas house in Heber for the weekend. 
I haven't been up to Heber in a couple of years and I kinda forgot about how green the drive is. The mountains are literally covered in trees! It's kinda funny to drive from Mesa where everything is orange and rocks to Heber where it is green and mountains. You get the best of both worlds :)


Heber is the place to be for 4th of July. 
The last time we were there during the 4th was years ago...
Sooo this year we decided to reenact this picture--

Me and my sisters with Grandma Kay
Us with Uncle Brian's kids :)


Branden and I went to the Heber parade and then went down the "the park" with my Uncle Brian to wait in line for fry bread... and wait we did. The line was CRAZY! We waited for almost an hour to order.
Luckily the sun was hidden for a little while so it wasn't too hot the whole time. Our food was very delish though, so all and all worth it!

That evening we did the Home Run Derby. 
It's a tradition my family has been doing but this is the first year we got to participate :)
After round 1 we were in the lead! I hit 3 home runs. Crazy, I know. But sadly after the last round we ended up in 3rd place. My Uncle Brian and Aunt Stacy won and their cute little boys took 2nd place-- those kids can hit the ball!! 


Later that night we had a BBQ and all hung out and waited for to watch the fireworks show!
Here is Branden enjoying one of Shye's fabulous sugar cookies. 

We all just sat in my grandma's front yard and watched the fireworks from there. 
They were great as usual. Definitely better than the ones we have here in Idaho.
(My phone wasn't great at taking pictures during the fireworks-- but trust me they were awesome!)

And then we were off! Back to Mesa....

Stay tuned for more of our trip!

No comments: