Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Our first anniversary

It sounds weird to say it is our first anniversary (yesterday)....
Mostly because we have been together for almost 5 years, but also weird
that it has already been a year since we got married

To celebrate our first year as a married couple we went to spend the weekend in Lava.
Lava is a small little town about 20ish minutes away from where we live.
Doesn't sound like loads of fun, I know, but it really was!
For dinner we walked down to a local pizza place.
We got the family special... for 2 people= way too much food!!
Good food though!!

The big reason that anyone really goes to Lava is for the hot pools--
Did you know they sell popsicles at the hot pools? How did I not know this? 
There's nothing like hot tubbing while enjoying a popsicle. Seriously. 
Good stuff. 

The next morning (the 17th) our actual anniversary-- we drove home and stopped for breakfast/lunch at 5th Street Bagelry. 
Coincidentally, on our wedding day I went there for breakfast with my friend Jessica. 
This time around I wasn't so nervous and I could actually enjoy my bagel ha. 

We ended up going to a late dinner at Red Lobster. 
Why a late dinner, you ask? Oh, because we decided to have direct tv installed and it took kind of forever. 

Anyways... dinner was amaze. And we have a shizzz ton of leftovers. 
Yayy for a fab lunch today. and probably dinner too ha!

Lastly we had to follow tradition and eat a little bit of the top of our wedding cake.
I didn't really think about the fact that it was in the freezer and so, it was frozen. Duh. 
Anyway... I let it thaw out a bit and took a little bite of it. Still pretty tastey. 

That is how we spent our first wedding anniversary! 
It was a good good weekend :) 

Happy Anniversary baby! I love you!!
--------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some random videos from our wedding.... 
So sweet, I love them all. 






3 comments:

Heath said...

Congrats you two! That is awesome! :] Aubri, I had a dream about you cutting my hair last night haha
p.s. this is lyndsay.. not heath

Branden & Aubri said...

Thanks! Haha that's funny! Your hair is so long now! I can't believe it has grown so much.

his little lady said...

Aw, your wedding looks like so much fun! And I am absolutely obsessed with your headpiece. Gorgeous!
xo TJ