Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Long post

Last Tuesday my sweet Grandpa Bob passed away.
Death is such a bittersweet thing.
It's sad to see the people you love the most leave this world,
but it's comforting knowing that they are in a better place and that they don't feel pain anymore. 

His funeral was in Arizona so on Sunday morning we packed up and drove down. 
I don't know if you have ever made the drive from Idaho to Arizona, but it is painful. It's anywhere from 14-16 hours. We left on Sunday and came home Tuesday. Too much driving for me!

Monday we got to spend the morning hanging out with our step mom and sister.
We went to the "famous" Sprinkles cupcake shop.
My dad is not a fan of Sprinkles haha so we had to try them out for ourselves.
We bought 10 different flavors to taste test--
We decided that they were ok but not as good as everyone 
else seems to think they are. 
(And not worth the price ha!)

Also, no trip to the AZ is complete without a trip to my favorite place to eat-- Chickfila
I could eat their waffle fries and chicken nuggets errrryday!

After we hung out with Shye and Ashlynn we went and put our feet in the pool and relaxed with my mom, Scott, Aunt Zoe, Matt, and Kristin
*Side note-- Arizona in March is lovely. 

Monday night was the viewing....
and Tuesday morning was the funeral.
He had military honors and the funeral was very nice.
It was really nice to be surrounded with so many people there to celebrate my grandpas life.
I have an amazing family and I am so lucky they are mine. 
We all love and miss you grandpa.
Till we meet again.

No comments: